Thursday, October 9, 2008

October 9, 2008

Hey everyone!

Man this week has gone by so fast! So much had happened. Everything is great though! I can’t believe I have been out for 2 months already! I guess I should explain why I’m writing a day late. I don’t know if I told you last week, but today is moves day which happens every six weeks. That is when I could get moved to a different area. The good new is that I’m still in Catford, the bad news is that Elder Warner is gone, as well as Elder Martin. The other good news is that my new companion is Elder Christiansen! He is from Delta UT. Elder Sorbonne's new companion (the other new missionary in our flat) is Elder Coombs and he is from Sandy UT. I just asked him if he knew the Erbes and he said no... and my PDay will be Monday from now on.

Elder Christiansen has been out for one moves more than me so 3 months and is the new District Leader! So that makes me a DLB (district leader boy). Some missionaries would say that I am being followed up trained right now, but I’m done with training really. I will technically still be a greeny until I leave my Greeny area though. Elder Coombs has been out for two moves more than me so 4.5 months. That is still pretty new and he is the oldest one in our flat and area! We have a really young group.

I try to send as many pictures as I can. but the computer is really slow at loading them. It takes a lot of email time if I do too many.

Conference weekend was amazing. Conference has never meant so much to me before. I took notes on everything I could and it still wasn’t enough. There were so many great speakers and dad I loved that Documentary on President Monson too. Our schedule was pretty weird because of the time difference. We had to travel to the Wandsworth stake center to watch the broadcast. Saturday night we got to watch Sat Morning Session live, and the rest we watched Sunday. Sunday morning we watched Priesthood and then 2 hours later we watched Saturday night session and then in the evening we watched the Sunday morning session. Somewhere in between we watched the President Monson video. We didn’t get to see the Sunday night session :( it would have gone until almost midnight here. We might get to see it later. Man conference was amazing though. I am so grateful to have a living prophet and Apostles on the earth today. The main themes I noticed were missionary work and building Zion. It seemed like they were a lot more serious about being prepared for the second coming soon.

Our investigators are doing pretty good. Keisha has a baptismal date for the 19th now! She is so ready for it too. She is excited. We had to push it back because she couldn’t go to conference and needs to come to church again. Thank you for your prayers. I love you all. Take care.

Love
Elder Karges



This is Elder Warner and I on our last day in Catford. We are on the Catford High Street with the Catford Cat above us.

This is my District... or used to be. In the back it is elder Martin, Elder McFee, Elder Poulsen (District Leader), and Elder Barker (Zone Leader). In the front it is Elder Gardner (Zone Leader that actually goes home tomorrow Oct 10th), Me and Elder Warner.

No comments: