Saturday, August 16, 2008

August 16, 2008

Hello Everyone!

Things are going amazing here. Thank you so much for sending the letters. I got that first one after I had already emailed and written you. I don’t know why it took so long to get to me. I just got your second one today that you, Dad, and Kevin all wrote in.

Ill try to answer as many of your questions as you asked, but in the interest of time I cant really go back and reread it as I write. I have been to the temple and it was amazing. It is so beautiful. I have spent a lot of time walking around it too. They let us go anywhere on the grounds some parts of the day.

As far as traveling, I didn’t meet anyone until I got to Atlanta and they were at the gate. And yes I have a mission companion now I’ve had one since the first day. His name is elder Bedford and he is from St George Utah. He is a nice guy and he works really hard. He is an awesome companion. And I can understand pretty much everyone. Some people I’ve heard talk really fast or kind of slur their words, but I haven’t had trouble understanding the majority of people. I didn’t hear many people talk in the airport, but I’ve already been to town twice. Once to Preston where we visited a bunch of church history sites (I took pictures that ill try to send you) and the on P-Day we got to go to Chorley to buy stuff and look around. They are pretty lenient at this MTC. We all just walked to Chorley as a group of elders and they let us do whatever we wanted. I bought a new alarm clock because the one I brought doesn’t seem to work and some sweat pants and a jacket. I took pictures of a lot of things, including me in my new clothes. We get to play sports everyday and I usually play soccer or football as the call it here. A group of us went running one morning too and we were allowed to run off 'campus'.

We got to practice teaching on some Sweedish young men today it was really cool. It was probably the coolest experience I’ve had so far here (besides the temple). They were visiting the grounds to go to the temple and stuff. They were really cool and we taught them a lot about missionary work. We ended up having a testimony meeting with them too, or rather a few of us elders bore our testimony. They asked me and two others too. I hope we influenced them to want to go on missions.

I am doing great here and love you all. There is so much to tell but so little time. I really got to go. Thanks and i hope i can say more next time.

Love,

Elder Kade Karges

No comments: