Wednesday, September 3, 2008

September 3, 2008

I’m glad you liked the pictures. Thanks haha I've got a lot more, but i can only send two at a time and I actually need to buy a card reader before I can send more. I decided it would be a bad idea to try and send my card because if it gets lost then all my pictures are gone. I probably wont be able to take as many pictures out in the field though. Some of the questions you asked should be in the letter the mission home should have sent you. I wrote all about my first moves from the MTC to Catford area. They had a lot of meetings and talks in the MTC. Sorry if I haven’t said much about them. Most of them were just videos of talks given by Apostles. An area seventy came in named Elder Kerr I think and the Preston Temple President did too. The MTC President and 1st counselor taught us a lot as well. They didn’t really say much about how to get to know the people, just to be friendly. They (mostly the British Elders)advised us on certain things I probably shouldn’t say and that there is a wide range of people over here. I have found that to be very true. I have met people from all over Europe and Asia already. It’s been a lot of fun. It feels great to be here. I love the area and the elders I am with. I live in a four man flat so there are two other elders in my area. On of them is Elder Martin who came out with my companion (Elder Warner) and has been out for 6 months and the other one came out with me. His name is Elder Sorbonne and he was in the MTC with me. It has made things really fun to have so many of us. We can relate stories and do all kinds of things we couldn’t normally do. It is nice to have someone I knew already too. All three of the others are from Utah and are really cool. I have really been blessed with the area I have been given and the companion I have to train me. He really knows his stuff and is a cool guy. I am learning fast and enjoying every minute of it. The church is not all that big in my area and we have a lot of new converts, but the members we do have a really strong. There are a lot less English people than I thought there would be. The majority of our ward is African or Jamaican. I have had tons of appointments already and have plenty more set up. It has been hard to find time in my day to do everything I need to. We actually had an appointment the first night I was here, after emailing you last week. It ended up getting cancelled (or us getting flogged as they call it in the field) so we decided to knock the street. About six houses down and on my second door approach I got us in and we taught a brother and sister! It was probably beginners luck but it felt great! Things have only gotten busier since then and our days are usually full of appointments. We actually have 20 investigators right now!! I think only one of them is English and a couple are Black British people, but the rest are either African or Jamaican. All of them are amazing and I know the Lord has prepared many of them to hear our message. Whenever we aren’t teaching, we are out tracting or street contacting. I have only been in the field a week, but I have already had 3 DA's (dinner appts) with members and one with an investigator. The investigators are well on there way to being baptized, but need to get married first. They cooked us some amazing African food. I have been fed really well at the DAs and tried quite a few new foods. My own cooking isn’t all that great though haha. I eat a lot of cereal, toast or PB & J, and frozen foods. Ill start experimenting more when I get used to everything else. I don’t really know what I’m doing most of the time, I just follow Elder Warner around. That’s ok though ill get to know the area soon. Its no a very posh (wealthy) area but I like it and am growing to love the people. Wow i thought i just lost my email because I got logged off. I am out of time, but they let me log back in to send it. Sorry if I left anything out. I love you all and hope to keep hearing from you. It really makes my day to get a letter or when I get to email. Have a good week and keep me posted with what’s going on. Love,Elder Kade Karges

No comments: