Thursday, March 12, 2009

March 9, 2009

Hello Everyone,

This week has been great, but kind of all over the place. Usually I try to tell you what’s happened all week by looking through my planner, but I left it at the flat today, so I probably won’t be able to remember most of it haha. Without my planner I don't know what’s going on. We had zone meeting on Friday which went great and we had two exchanges this week, so we have been really busy. Tuesday I went to Chichester with Elder Hayes and Friday (after zone meeting) I went to the Isle of Wight with Elder Proctor. Both exchanges went great. Miracles always seem to happen on work overs (another name for exchanges). In between it all, Elder Church was out of commission for about a day and a half. He hurt his back which sucks. It hurt him really bad for a couple days before he got a blessing. Since then he has been feeling better, but it still hurts in the mornings.

We have some really good investigators right now. One has a baptismal date, but there are soon to be more. We met Vicky Odhiambo less than two weeks ago and she has a date, has been to church twice, and is going to the Temple/Visitors Center this weekend. She is such a miracle. We were on our way to a dinner appointment when we realized we were going to be early. We decided to pray to know where we should go to find. We thought we could either stay where we were and contact people walking down the road, or go knock near where the DA was. When we opened our eyes from the prayer, there suddenly seemed to be loads of people on the street, so we started talking to them. We stopped Vicky and talked about the Book of Mormon. We asked her what it would mean to here if it was true and she said "A Lot!" So we set up an appointment the next day and taught her the full restoration. Two days later we taught her again and asked here if she wanted to be baptized! She said yes and has been diligently reading and praying ever since. The miracle doesn't stop there though. We wanted to take a member with us to teach her and ended up calling Brother Taylor (councilor in the bishopric). He recommended we take is 16 year old daughter Lyndsey, so we did (the single sister rule isn't in force in our mission, if you were wondering). It was her first time ever coming on a teach, and she loved it and has been on a couple teaches with us since then. I guess we made a good impression and gained her confidence because the next date she referred her best friend, Sophie Turner. We are teaching her at the Taylor's house now and she loves it. We will be asking her about being baptized this week. She has already been to church a couple times and is going to the Temple/Visitors Center as well. We have a few more investigators coming along, but those are the two most exciting.

That’s pretty cool that Kyle and Jennie are in the Allen's ward. It’s funny how things are working out. I’m impressed Mom.. a Face book account!? I never would have guessed haha. Good work with the missionary effort as well. Every little conversation helps. Sounds like good old Alma 12th is doing well. I like hearing about them, keep me posted. If you ever here things about my friends, let me know too. I don’t hear from them all that often. I love you guys and hope you have another great week!

Love,

Elder Kade Karges

No comments: