Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 17, 2010

Hello!!!

I'm still in here! Elder Bien and I thought for sure that one of us would leave, but we are staying together here in Taunton. We had a ward council last night and after letting them know, the bishop told us that he had talked to President Shamo and actually requested that we stay. Every other companionship in the zone changed and I think every other zone leader companionship changed. We are excited to stay together and see another six weeks of miracles!

We haven’t had any huge successes since serving together, but feel that things have been building up. The ward is getting more and more excited and more and more members are participating in the work. A few of them have been eager to give referrals as well. A lot of our new investigators come and go, but we have had some that have come very far and just haven't decided when they want to get baptized. I've spoken of Sam and John's family before. Sam says she wants to be ready, but will choose a date in July by the next time we see her. Audrey, who I think I've also spoken of, is going to do the same. She wants to find out when her colleague, a Bishop in Germany, can come to be a part of it. The other long term couple we have spoken of is Andy and Debb. They have slowed down a bit, but are still seeking for the right answer.

My Birthday was great! We had a few teaches with people who found out, so they got me cards and things. Along with all of the cards that you sent, I have well over 21! Thank you so much for making it a special time. It was quite funny to read that you had planned to send so many cards. It explains why one of the ones I received actually came with a slip of paper with my name and address and a note saying to write me in the first week of June! Ha-ha. We had ward council at night as I said before and our ward mission leader actually brought a cake and a present from their family! We have already eaten one of the Oreo pies and were saving the other one to see what happened at moves.
I really love being a member of our family and having the friends that I do. I love you all and hope you have the best week ever!

Love,

Elder Kade Karges

No comments: