Tuesday, June 1, 2010

May 30, 2010

May 30, 2010

Hello!

So the exciting news is that I am at the temple grounds right now. Pete (one of my recent converts from Portsmouth) and Anne Marie Buchanan are getting sealed and we have been allowed to come all day. The sad news is that there are five other missionaries waiting to email on this same computer.

The week has gone great! Well, we lost a few baptismal dates, but they were people that accepted dates on the first visit, so they left just as quickly as they came. The people that are sticking around are Sam and John's family with two kids and another English couple. It was really cool to teach Sam and John's family about the plan of salvation and to have them come to church all together. Hopefully they will accept baptismal dates this week.

I’ll share one short story before I have to go. Elder Bien and I felt good about working in a town called Wellington in our area. We were only there for an hour and got a few appointments and people to call back, but there was one thing that soured the experience. A bird dropping landed straight on my back! The reason why I'm telling you about it is because it is how we met Susan. We aren't teaching her yet, but when I got hit we had no way of cleaning it. Knocking on Susan's door, she almost shut it on us right away... twice, but when I called out for "help," she had sympathy. She wiped it off for me and gave me tips on how to clean it. The only thing I had to repay her was a Book of Mormon and my testimony. She accepted it and said we could stop by later in the week. I'll keep you posted on how things progress.

Love you! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Kade Karges

No comments: