Monday, May 17, 2010

May 17th, 2010

Hey Everyone,

It has been a good week here. I really do like the area in Taunton. We do a lot more driving then I ever have before. Other missionary areas are further away and even our ward members are pretty spread out. We usually work in Taunton, or a town called Bridgewater. It’s about 20 minutes away and a lot of the ward members live there. Elder Bien doesn't have his license yet, so I do all of the driving. I like to drive, but I look forward to him getting his license as well.

I don’t know if I told you, but last moves we had a half-mission conference with Elder Snow from the Presidency of the Seventy. It was really good and it was fun to go back into central London. This moves, - actually this week - we have another conference. This one is mission wide and Elder Quentin L .Cook is coming. We are lucky to be in the Bristol Stake right now because the reason he is here is for our stake conference. We'll get to hear from him Friday as a mission and Saturday and Sunday as a Stake! I'm looking forward to it and we are trying to get as many investigators to Stake conference as possible. There is a special meeting for recent converts Sunday morning that we can take them to as well.

We have found quite a few new people, but the ones that accepted baptismal dates right away have dropped. I am anxious to see a couple of families again. that we are now teaching. It would be so cool to have a strong, English family get baptized.

It sounds like you had a really good weekend trip! I looked up pictures of the new temple on the church website and it looks beautiful. I'm excited to go through it when I get back. I got what missionaries call my trunky call a few days ago. The office wanted to know which airport I was going to fly into... I told them the right one, don't worry! :) I hope you have another good week and find lots of neighbors to refer to the missionaries!

Love,

Elder Kade Karges
Elder Cook, Vitaly (Latvian Member), Elder Keeble, Elder Robinson, and I outside the Staines flat the night before moves
Elder Allred, Elder Sorbonne and I at ZLC
ZLC at Presidents house in his back yard.

No comments: