Friday, May 7, 2010

May 5, 2010

Hello!

Moves day came a day early this transfer, so I'm already on my way to my new area. I left Staines early this morning and spent most of the day at the temple grounds helping people get around. I am in Slough right now in the process of traveling. I am driving with a couple other missionaries and we needed to make a swap here. My new area is called Taunton and its part of the Bristol stake/zone. I hear it’s beautiful and that things are going well there, but I won’t be there for another couple of hours. My companion is Elder Bien. He is from Ohio, but he speaks Mandarin because his family is from China. I first met him when I was serving in Portsmouth. He was trained by Elder Judd when he finally made it to our mission (he was delayed by Visa problems and served in Utah for several weeks before coming here). Elder Cook was also serving with him at the time. Once I moved to Staines, he was one of our district leaders, actually here in Slough. After a couple moves, he became a zone leader as well and now I'm coming to serve with him. I'm excited because I already know he is a good missionary. I have been around him quite a lot and have worked on exchanges with him. It is sad to leave Staines, but I'm excited to see what lies ahead. My new address is...

22 Massingham Park
Taunton, Sommerset
TA2 7TG
England

I’ll have to tell you more about where we live on Monday or even Sunday!!! I am excited to talk to you. I can't actually give you much information on when or what number to call on. We might be changing numbers before the weekend and I'm not sure when you have church. My companion is calling home at 7 PM here, so I would probably have to call before that. 5:30 my time would be like 10:30 you time...?? I could call earlier though if we needed to do it before you go to church. The best thing to do, I think, will be to wait until Saturday and then I'll have to just call you quickly using a calling card. We can make arrangements then and I will know what phone I'll be on. We'll figure something out. I'll try to call mom's cell.

I don't know any of our new investigators yet, but I have quite a lot of other good news. First off we had two baptismal dates in Staines when I left. Mayte (mighty) and Elvis from Equatorial Gunea. They are doing great and are progressing well. They were actually referred to us by an excommunicated member. I'm excited to hear how they progress further. The recent converts there are also doing well. They bear their testimonies frequently, come on teaches, and pay their tithing! Craig received the Priesthood on Sunday. The other good news is about recent converts from past areas. Elder Wheat, an elder I came out with that is now in Portsmouth told me about them. Peter Buchanan and his wife Anne Marie are getting sealed on May 31st and Liliana is going to get her endowment before I go home. Liliana has already finished her temple prep class and apparently it has been a goal of hers to do it before I leave because she knows I can go through with her if she does. I can also go to the sealing of Pete and Anne Marie. I am really excited for all of them. It makes me so happy to know they are doing so well :)

Thank you for all the pictures. I really enjoy seeing how everyone is changing and what’s going on. Brinton and Bekah are the coolest to see. Missionaries closer and closer to me keep going home... it’s a weird feeling. The next transfer is on my birthday I believe, June 16th. There is a good chance that this will be my last area. I love you and pray for your individual needs every night!

God Bless,
Elder Kade Karges

No comments: