Monday, December 8, 2008

Dec. 8, 2008


Elder Christensen and I eating pumpkin pie the Pday after Thanksgiving


Hey,

This week has been really fast, I don’t know where all the time has gone. We are still working hard and having fun doing it. Not much has changed with our investigators, except that they are always changing haha. That’s just how it is though. There are millions of people here and thousands are ready to be baptized, we just have to find them. We have done a lot of finding (knocking and street contacting) lately and I’m looking forward to seeing the blessings and miracles that will hopefully come.

Last P-day we had a good time just hanging out at our flat with the Elders from Crystal Palace. We had a little Thanksgiving Celebration with pumpkin pie and everything! We made a make-shift grill out of our stove and oven rack and it worked pretty dang well. It was one of the best ideas we have ever had :)

Tuesday was Zone Meeting. They had Zone conference and meeting really early this moves. Hopefully the rest of moves doesn’t drag on because of it. I always love going to these meetings because President and Sister Swinton are amazing and always bring the spirit so strongly.

Wednesday and Friday were very similar. We went on exchanges both days with the other Catford Elders. Wednesday I was with Elder Sorbonne and Friday with Elder Call. Exchanges are always fun and miracles always come from them. They make the week fly by as well. I think we are having three next week! Wed through Fri with the Crystal Palace Elders and The Zone Leaders. I’m looking forward to that.

Thursday and Saturday were pretty normal, good days. We taught a few people and met a lot of new ones. We didn’t get to see our baptismal date, Timothy, like we had planned, because he has been working like crazy. I hope we do soon because we have a lot to teach him before he can be baptized. Saturday we also got a disappointing call from Elizabeth, the Nigerian member that is always feeding us and bringing people to church. She is moving!!! :( We are going to miss her a lot, and her cooking. We went over to her house that night and gave her a blessing because she had recently gone to the hospital for a few days with a really high fever. She is doing better now.

We never know what Sunday is going to be like... the ward here can be pretty exciting at times, and interesting at others. Everything is mostly the same as back home just a little less organized I guess. I don’t know how to explain it. I love it and love the members. They are all very nice, there are just some peculiar characters.

I hope I answered any questions that you all had. Let me know if I didn’t. I love you all and hope you have an amazing week.

Love,
Elder Kade Karges




my zone this moves at the bumper cars near the London Eye

No comments: