Monday, December 29, 2008

December 22nd

Dear Family,

Merry Christmas!!! It is good to hear that everything is well back home. We did sing at the Ward Christmas Party on Friday haha. It was just the four of us and we didn’t sound half bad. That is the second time I've done that on my mission now. Three other Elders and I sang on a Sunday in the MTC as well.

That was so nice of Sister Edwards to Email you. We were at their house for a DA and they decided to show us the video of the Angel Moroni being put on top of the temple. Elder Christensen asked to have it sent to his mom, so I did too. They are a good family. They are funny and very active. They are probably in their forties and have at least 3, maybe up to 5, children (13, 16, older). They served us a proper English meal. Potatoes, pea's, roast chicken, and Yorkshire pudding with gravy. It was good. It was one of my first English meals actually. We eat a lot of foods from other places

The rest of the week went well. I usually have my planner with me so I can remember the highlights, but I left it at the flat this time. The other two missionaries in Catford had a double baptism on Sunday morning. We have taught their investigators a couple of times so it was really cool to be a part of it. One was a Brazilian guy named Pedro, and the other is a Jamaican lady named Trudly-Ann. We had a white Christmas in London after all

I got the DeSpain’s package. Tell them thank you, thank you, thank you!!! And if I haven’t told you already,I got both of yours. The 12 days of Christmas have been great! I opened the boxing pens today haha I love you and thanks again.

I am holding Nesquick chocolate milk in my hand in the picture I just sent. Most of the pictures I have been sending come from other peoples cameras. I transfer them to my memory card. I’m still working on getting my own camera. The picture with the hat – it’s the hat you sent. I wore it around all day today. I took the picture with my camera, I just cant see what I’m taking the picture off. The screen doesn’t work, but I can guess where I am aiming and snap a picture to look at later

I just remembered that somebody asked if I had a certain English teacher at Hendrix Jr. High. I think I did have the teacher they mentioned and that’s cool to know she is using my papers as examples

We have all been getting sick lately. It hasn't hit me hard yet and hopefully it won't, but I definitely have a cold. Elder Call was down for a day or two and Elder Christensen was sick, but we only stayed in for half a day (I used the time to write a couple of last minute Christmas cards, I hope they get there in time). Everyone is gradually getting better. It has been affecting our investigators too. We went into this week and the next one hoping things would pick up because people would have more time, but kind of the opposite happened. People have been either sick or on holiday (vacation as we call it back home).

We are still working hard and enjoying the work. We hit a new record of finding this week for me. 29 hours!! The usual has been about 17 for me. It seemed to go by so fast though because we are having fun doing it. I am grateful for this Christmas season and feel very blessed. The ward has taken good care of us. We have dinner appointments lined up on either side of Christmas and possibly on Christmas Day. They have given quite a few cards and things as well. The biggest blessing I think is being a member of our family. I love you all so much and am so grateful for your support. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and I look forward to speaking to you on the phone!

Love Elder Karges
Ward members and the missionaries after church this Sunday. Joseph (recent RM: served in Ireland), me, Elder Christensen, Sam (Deaf member of the ward), Alex (18 year old ward mission leader), Elder Call, Elder Sorbonne


Our zone pday earlier today. We played sports and had a white elephant gift exchange in Wandsorth. People are holding their gifts.

No comments: