Monday, December 15, 2008

December 15, 2008


Hellooo!!

First off I’ll just answer some questions before I forget. I got both packages and I have been opening the 12 days of Christmas. Thank you so much! I’m still working on the camera situation. Ill try to work on it today. I’ll let you know if I need help. I have a Conference edition Ensign already. Thank you for checking. I haven't got to read it much, but I will. The weather here is cold, windy, and rainy, but I’m doing alright. It’s a big change form good old AZ, but I worked into it gradually. I don’t really use my umbrella haha it’s kind of pointless sometimes with the wind. Even though it gets cold, it helps to know that at the end of the day I can go back to a warm flat. If we are in doors, it really isn’t bad at all. I actually get hot in the flat and have to open the windows. We sleep with a window open at night if that helps picture how it is. It doesn’t rain hard, but it rains a lot and for a long time. Everything gets wet so I’ve been putting stuff in plastic bags and then into my back pack... things still get ruined sometimes. From what I hear it’s been snowing everywhere else in England, but not so much here. I haven’t seen any since that Sunday morning a while ago and that wasn’t very much.

I love hearing about the family every week. It’s amazing how good it is to hear from everyone and just know that things are going well back home. I’m excited to talk to you all on Christmas. It is still hard for me to believe that I’m already making my first out of four calls home. This week has been great. People are happier and nicer during Christmas which is nice. It doesn’t mean they are more willing to accept the gospel, but it’s possible and I like to think it does. Each part of London (ie Lewisham) has a council that runs things around the city. They put up Christmas light on a lot of the light posts around and even set up Christmas trees. The sidewalks here are different. They are just stone or brick laid on the ground, so they simply take out a few and put the tree straight in the ground! It’s pretty cool. I don’t know a whole lot of the local traditions. Ill let you know if I eat anything cool or ethnic. I heard that the ward has a pretty big celebration and a lot of old members come to visit. I’m looking forward to that.

This week went by fairly fast. I spent two days on exchanges with Crystal Palace and we had a lot of appointments. Things had slowed down for a while, but now they are picking back up. We have 8 investigators right now so it’s kinda hard to talk about all of them. They will most likely change by next week anyways haha, but you can know that they are doing well. One speaks French and another one Spanish. It’s pretty fun. I’m remembering a lot of what I learned in school. The work is going great and I love you guys. Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Kade Karges



in African Traditionals without holding them back. This is how they are supposed to be worn, but this one was way to big for me haha.

No comments: