Monday, January 19, 2009

January 19, 2009


Hiya,

Things are going great still, but first things first... HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!! Thank you so much for all that you do. You're amazing and I Love you.

Being in England, a lot of people talk about their cultural backgrounds. I've been asked several times where my last name comes from, but I have no clue. I thought it was German, but I asked a German and he said he didn't think so haha. It would be cool if you could find out and let me know.

It sounds like things are going well. I'm looking forward to getting a wedding invitation in the mail. That’s too bad about the timing of Grandpa's surgery. I hope everything goes well, let them know i think about them a lot.

We have had a lot of ups and downs this week and took care of a few things. One of them was Elder Orme's driving test. He had to take it in the middle of the week, and he passed with flying colors! He didn't make a single mistake. I want to get my license soon, but maybe I'll wait till people forget how well he did... haha the real reason is its just a lot of time and money. Ill get it done though (I hear having a British licenses can get me a discount on insurance back home, because the test is more rigorous).

Our investigators are doing pretty well. We are teaching five or six people and I don’t think I have mentioned anyone. The people I mentioned before have since been dropped. It was hard to drop a couple of our recent investigators, but they have busy lives and have the agency to choose what they want to do with it. There is a really cool YSA aged girl named Kirsty we just picked up. She is busy, but very interested. There is a Turkish couple we are teaching as well. He speaks English and she doesn't, yet she came to church by herself this week. He had to work and works every Sunday, but I hope he can change his schedule to fit church in. We had one other investigator come to church named Dawit. He brought a friend with him too! They are from Eritrea, I think. Its hard to understand their accents..

The ward is really great here. They work well with us and there are several older ladies that bring us treats at church :) I really like it here. We had a couple DA's and on Friday we had an exchange, so I went to Chichester with my District Leader, Elder Bell. It was fun, but we did a lot of traveling. Area's are further apart out here, so it takes longer to exchange, plus Chichester is a walking are and is pretty big so it took a while to get to appointments.

I hope this week goes well for everyone as you all begin school and other things again. To answer your question about letters sent to my old address: yes, they will get to me. Elder Christensen has already forwarded a few, but it takes a little longer. Thank you for all your support.

Love,
Elder Kade Karges





My new district after bowling down by the coast last P-Day.


Alex Smith and I my last Sunday in Catford.

No comments: