Monday, February 16, 2009

February 16,209

Hello again,

It hasn't been long since I wrote my last email. Things are going well still, actually really well. Elder Church and I really get along and are having loads of fun and success. He has a very strong Testimony. He joined the church when he was sixteen because a friend invited him to take the discussions. As he did this and also decided to go on a mission, his family was very thrilled considering they are all Catholic. Now that he is out serving they have made a pretty big turn around and are very proud of him. He is only a moves ahead of me and was actually trained in Catford right before I got there. I saw him on my first day in the field. Elder Sorbonne took his place, being trained by Elder Martin. He has been in two different areas since then and has been a district leader himself. He was sick over the last couple months and it really affected the work, but is doing better now.

My district has three companionships. Elder Church and I in Portsmouth, Elders Hayes and Seidle in Chichester, and Elders Proctor and Kreiberg on the Isle of Wight. I am really looking forward to figuring out what to do because right now I'm just praying like crazy haha. They really don’t give you any training, just a list of things to do. The funny thing is that list comes late (through the post), like two weeks into the transfer cycle. Luckily Elder Church has his letter so I've looked at that. I am responsible for interviews and accounting with the Zone Leaders for my district. I talk to them all nightly and weekly. I also prepare the agenda for district meeting and give a presentation. Mostly I just look out for everyone and seek inspiration on how I can help them. Did Dad ever serve in leadership positions? or Kyle? or Ryan? I would really love to hear more about each of their missions. When I was back home I just didn’t understand what a mission entails.

I got your package this morning! Thanks you so much. I can't believe I’ve been here for 6 months already. It’s crazy. You sent the perfect things. I don’t even know how you knew to send them, but everything you sent is something I can use, and will. I love you all and hope you had a great Valentines Day! Mine was good. We actually helped set up for the stake party that night. We were supposed to have a teach at the church, but it got cancelled. We recognized that there was only one High Councilman there to set up all the decorations, so we pitched in. He was from Ireland and actually served here on his mission. He ended up marrying the bishop’s daughter of his last area (long after his mission) and now lives there on the Isle of Wight.

We have picked up a lot of new investigators lately and have a few that are sticking with it. Alison is having a little trouble. She is actually engaged to a member and has been taught in the past. We taught her once, but her father passed away last week. I don’t think he was very old and it was pretty sudden. We haven’t been able to see her since, but I think she'll come around. Marnie is really cool. He has come to church twice and loves it, but hasn't been able to stay passed sacrament. He is learning quickly though and likes the feeling he gets at church. The other one we are focusing on is Isabel. She is actually from Mexico! She is very strong Catholic and is concerned about being baptized again, but that’s why I'm excited for her to meet Elder Church. His mother is Mexican and he was brought up Catholic.

I hope I answered all your questions. It sounds like you are all doing great. I love hearing how everyone is doing. I am so excited to hear about and see pictures of the wedding and other upcoming things. I pray for you all everyday. Tell 12th ward I said hello and tell the Sanders that I DID have Stevie’s English teacher, that’s so cool that she is still using my paper as an example. Let me know how John's talk goes too.
I love you, have an amazing week.

Love,
Elder Karges

No comments: