Thursday, June 11, 2009

June 11, 2009

Hiya!

I hope you all had an amazing week. I can't believe another whole moves has gone by. I thought I might stay since I was training, but I got moved to Crawley! I am serving as a Zone Leader with Elder Gasperato. He is from Italy. I have served around him before and he is awesome. I am excited for the next 6 weeks. I don’t know much about my area or zone, but the Temple is in my zone which is cool. Elder Church is one of our District Leaders so I’ll be talking to him a lot more again. Elder Greeley got moved so he isn’t in my zone! I saw and talked to him at the Temple today though. I don’t really know what being a Zone Leader entails yet, but I’m excited to learn!

Things back in Portsmouth were and are going quite well. Liliana Ferreira and Paul Crawley are still scheduled to be baptized on June 20th. Liliana is struggling with smoking, but is determined to overcome it. Paul is doing great. We are hoping he will make friends with the YSA. We have/had a new baptismal date with a girl named Amanda Hicks for July 4th. That will be a good celebration for Independence Day! I don’t know any of the investigators here, but there is a baptismal date named Donald for July 4th as well. He is from Zimbabwe and from what I have been told, is amazing!

I am really going to miss Portsmouth. It almost felt like I was leaving home again. I grew really close with some of the members, especially the Taylor family and of course our recent converts. I will also miss my English Nan, Sister Margaret Mitchell. She is the lady we lived with. If you could send her a thank you card,that you be really cool. I wanted to leave one, but ran out of time. I wrote in her little book of missionaries though.

I love you and am grateful for all that you do for me. You are al0ways in my prayers!

Love,
Elder Kade Karges


Here's my new address, it is also updated on the side of my blog too.

The Oakland annex
Rusper Road
Ifield, Crawley, West Sussex
RH11 0LN
UK

No comments: