Tuesday, June 2, 2009

June 1, 2009





I know it’s not till tomorrow, but before I forget I just want to say,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!! I hope your day is awesome!

Well the week has flown by again. I feel like I am always saying that, but a lot of the time I feel like I haven't even been here that long. Then I look back and it’s been 10 months! It definitely feels normal to be here though.

Everything is going great in the work. You asked if we had a baptism this Friday... I don’t know if I accidently said it that way before, but the last one we had was Aimee on Friday May 22nd. I think I sent a picture or two last week. Everything went really well though. She got a new job on the same day which has since taken a lot of her time, but maybe that’s why she met us when she did! The Lord has perfect timing. The next scheduled baptism we have is on June 20th, but I might not be here for it because it will be after moves. There are actually two investigators planning on that day, Liliana Ferreira (from Portugal) and Paul Crawley (English). They are both really cool and progressing well. We actually just taught Liliana about two hours ago. It’s PDay, but it was one of the only days we could see her.

We had an exchange this week with Chichester that had a bit of a twist. One of them did something to their phone and it stopped working the day before, so we had to use a pay phone all day. That made accounting at night a little different, but it wasn’t hard and it made for a good Journal entry. Two days later they finally got a new sim card and had a phone again.

It sounds like things started off a bit rough, but its good to hear that Mom is recovering well from the surgery. I’ve been thinking about it a lot actually and it is good to hear that all is well. When do they hope it will be completely healed by? and when will you have partial use? How is the list of activities you can do while you rest coming?? ha-ha

Moves is ten days away so we'll see if the package you are sending gets here. I think it will, but if not and I’m gone I can get it at zone conference. Even if you sent it to Portsmouth, whoever is here can get it to me. I don’t know if it would count as part of my birthday gift, but I thought of something during the week. When I was serving with Elder Church, he had an IPod Station that worked quite well for charging and playing music. I have been thinking about getting one myself, but don’t have the money... It’s not something I really need, but it would probably be like 30 or 40 pounds. Everything else temporal is going well. In fact the young women put together two shoe boxes full of food for us, and a couple other ward members have also provided some food. The lady we live with was gone all last week, but she’s back now.

I’ve been finding it hard to find time to write people letters, but I’m working on some. I have lost track of a few I think, but I am trying. I really do appreciate getting letters, so thank you to those who are writing.

Have a great week everyone! I love you.

Love,
Elder Kade Karges





Last PDay we found out we could tour this castle for free because we have a portsmouth library card, so we took advantage. Heres a few of the pics!




Me chillin with the knights of South Sea Castle.

roaming around on top of the castle walls

-Me taking charge of the cannons on top of the castle.

man some of those cannons are huge!






No comments: