Monday, May 25, 2009

May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

A lot has happened over the last week, we've been really busy. We had a little bit of a scare Monday when Aimee didn’t show up for her baptismal interview at the church. The Zone Leaders came down and we were all waiting, but she didn’t come. We ended up deciding to just drive to her house and she was there. Something had come up that stopped her from coming. I don’t really know what, but she had her interview there and it all worked out in the end. She got baptized on Friday and confirmed Sunday!

We have been teaching a Portuguese lady named Liliana that is doing really well. She is really cool because she speaks like 4 languages and is still learning more. She is 28 and has a 10 year old son back in Portugal. She has a baptismal date on June 20th and even came to the temple Saturday morning. Aimee was supposed to come to that as well, but she slept in. The temple was great though, Liliana loved it. She said she felt peace as soon as she got out of the car and that the Joseph Smith film was really powerful. I love taking investigators to the temple for the first time. Its an amazing experience. Since then we have set another date with a 22 year old named Paul for the 2oth as well.

We had another exchange with the Isle of Wight and I drove the whole day. Last time I went was practice for this exchange because Elder Kreiberg who I was with can’t drive at all. He is from Denmark and just doesn’t have a license. I interviewed one of their investigators name Peter Brooker. He was actually found a few months back when I was on one of my first exchanges on the Isle. I had gone to do an interview for him last month but he didn’t show. They kept teaching him and he was finally baptized this weekend!

We had our last Zone Meeting with President and Sister Swinton on Thursday. I guess that was my last interview with President Swinton as well. Sister Swinton talked to us a lot about how to behave when we have our mission conference with President Uchtdorf and Elder Anderson. She wasn't too worried about us, but wanted to make sure we didn’t ask any dodgey or embarrassing questions ha-ha.

Elder Carlson and I are having a good time and getting along well. Did you get in touch with his mother? I think he said you did but I can’t remember. I’m sure she really appreciates it. I actually talked to her the day before Mothers day because they needed some info on how to call the next day. They sound like a really good family. Elder Carlson is a hard worker and is teaching me loads.

It sounds like everyone is doing quite well. Congratulate Jeff for me on his graduation. I’m glad it went well even though it was raining. It does rain a lot in England. Portsmouth isn’t so bad but it still gets quite a bit more than back home. I’ll be praying for your surgery to go well mom and its ok to be a list maker :) Its one of your many qualities that make you an amazing mom!

I love you and hope you have a brilliant week!

Love,
Elder Karges





Elder Carlson, Liliana, and I at the London temple.

Elder Carlson, Aimee, and I just before Aimee's baptism.

No comments: