Monday, July 13, 2009

July 13, 2009

Hello everyone,

I am happy to hear that mom is up and moving. I have been praying for her every night. It sounds like she has a good doctor. Our family is really blessed with having the support and things we need. I look forward to getting the letter from the primary kids and will try my best to write them back.

This week has been good, but I definitely feel like it’s been a trying week. The reason why I say that is because the people we thought were close to baptism are really struggling. We have been working hard and feel that we are doing everything we can, but right now we have no baptismal dates. It feels good to know that we have done our part though. We are really looking forward to the next week to see how things will progress. We expect them to. We are still teaching the family, Sariya and others. The Lord has blessed us a lot this week with people to teach, we have a lot of investigators right now. I’ll tell you more about them as things happen though.

There is only one ward in Crawley. I don’t know if there are any areas in the mission that cover more than one ward except where the Spanish branch is in London. Elder Gasparato served there for 9 months, so he knows Spanish as well as Italian, English, and understands some French. He actually trained one of the other missionaries from Mesa, named Elder Lee. I think I mentioned him before (I think he knows Jacque).

As for my driving test.... I didn’t pass ha-ha. I got all the answers right, but they have an interactive part where you have to watch a video and click whenever you see a potential road hazard. In my opinion (as well as many others), it’s not very well made. I missed passing by just a couple of points. I have to retake the test in a couple of weeks and pay the fee again. To help me prepare the mission office sent me a CD-rom I can use during pday to practice with. I think I’ll be fine next time though.
I think I misunderstood how that part of the test worked at first.
I probably won’t have the driving part of my test for a couple months which means for a month or two I won’t be able to drive. Oh well. I am not worried about that part of the test. It feels normal to drive here now.

I can’t believe another moves has already almost gone by. Moves is next week on Thursday already, so I won’t be emailing you again until then. Both of us will most likely stay here, but a couple members of our zone will be going home, so for me things will still change a little.

I am really grateful to have you all as my friends and family. I love you and hope that you have an amazing week!

Love,

Elder Kade Karges

PS: I forgot my camera so I can’t send pictures this time.. sorry!

Oh and people have been asking about my last name. Where does it come from?

You were right about other missionaries asking where I got the mini PMG (Preach My Gospel). So are they still available??

No comments: