Tuesday, January 19, 2010

January 18, 2010



Hello again,

Congratulations on your anniversary Mom and Dad! Sorry I didn't get anything off to you. I know Brinton's birthday recently passed and Katie's is here as well, but I haven't been able stay on top of things this time around. Although there may not be cards in the mail, I still pray for you every day and remember those special days as I do. I hope they are the best days ever!

Things are still going fantastic! The miracles of missionary work never cease. Just last night we had one that I would love to share with you. We had a dinner appointment with one of our recent converts, Belinda, and her family. As we showed up she said her Mum was in the other room and didn't know we were coming. We didn't know she would be there either, but it was a good surprise for all of us. We had left a General Conference DVD with them last time we came, and it was already playing when we walked in. As we ate, we watched Elder Holland's powerful talk on the Book of Mormon and discussed it afterwards. We had taught Sheila (her mum) a few weeks back, but she didn't receive a BofM until a week after that when Belinda gave it to her. We had been following up with Belinda (because we couldn't get an appointment with Sheila), so we knew that she had been reading already. She is a very scripturally knowledgeable woman from South Africa and as we asked her how she felt when she read it, she said "Like my faith is coming back." When we asked if she had prayed and she said "Yes! In fact, just last night," we straight away asked if she believed it was true. She replied "I think I'm starting to realize that I do. We had not expected to see her that night, so we had not prayed about a date to commit her for. Instead we prayed with her and she chose to prepare for Feb. 14th! Belinda was in tears as she explained the prompting Mary Jane (her daughter) and her had both received and followed to stop by Nan's after church and invite her for dinner.

That story is all I have time for today, but it says it all. I am happy to say that it is but one of many! I love being a missionary and am always excited to hear of your experiences too! I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Love,
Elder Kade Karges







No comments: