Thursday, March 11, 2010

March 2, 2010

Happy March!



It still seems like time is just going faster and faster! At Zone Leader Council this week, President Shamo talked a lot about a situation that the mission will soon be having of being short missionaries. Because of this, he went through the next several transfer dates and when people would be going home. I don't know why, but it sounded really strange to hear him talk about the date he expected me to come home. We did an exchange this week as well with Slough. I was talking to the Elder I was with about coming out on a mission and he said he had been out for five months. He made mention of how quickly it was going and then I realized that is how long I have left! These kinds of experience have really made me feel a sense of urgency about the work. I love being a missionary and even find it difficult to think about not being one. How would you feel about me extending?? haha. It’s not actually possible because of my Visa, so don't worry (mom).



The week has gone really well for our investigators. At the beginning of our week, all of our baptismal dates dropped. It picked up quickly though and now we have three. Soni, from Nepal, will be baptized this weekend. She is really cool and has been Christian her whole life (most Nepalese people aren't). We had extended several dates to her, but she said she still needed to keep praying... this Sunday after gospel principles class she told a member that her confusion had left her and she was ready to get baptized. We found out from the member soon after and called Soni to make plans for this weekend. Colisha is from Jamaica and has never been baptized. We taught her husband and sister a few months back (Courtney and Shantal). She is going to the temple visitor’s center this week and will get baptized on the 14th. The spirit has really been working on her and she is progressing well. Her husband gets pretty worked up about already being baptized, but he really supports her and hopefully will follow her example. Craig is finally preparing for a specific date as well. He used to be dating Belinda and has been coming to church nearly every week since her baptism. He is preparing for the 4th of April right now, but hopefully it will be sooner. We both would like to be here for it and the next moves day is on April 1st... sounds like a joke, but its not.



I love hearing about your missionary experiences! Keep it up guys!! I will be praying that things go well. If you give me their names, I will pray for them specifically. I always feel so blessed when I think about our family. I love you all and hope you have a good week!



Love,

Elder Kade Karges


No comments: