Monday, March 15, 2010

FW: Kade, March 15, 2010

Hey!

So here is my five minute snapshot of the week....

We have been serving in a tri with Elder Keeble ever since Elder Eyers left on Tuesday. He will be replaced this Tuesday by another missionary needing to get his Visa to go to Russia. Elder Keeble is one of out district leaders, so it has made accounting really easy, plus he's a good missionary! We have gone on quite a few splits and things so we could be more effective. We have had a really good week. I love being a missionary!

Courtney and Colisha got baptized after church on Sunday and it went really well. I think they are the first husband and wife I have had get baptized on my mission. They are going to be a good addition to the ward. I think I said last week that I would post their miracle story because I wrote it on my presidents letter. I haven't done that yet, but will try to this week. I will send it with the ASU paper which I have already signed. Thank you so much for taking care of those things! it really helps me focus. Speaking about being focused, I really have been trying to figure out how I can better lose myself in the work and have decided to give up a few things. The two main things are to be more picky with the music I listen to (it has always been church appropriate, don't worry) and not writing as many letters. So.... if I don't write much over the next few months, that’s why! I am speaking of written letters, not emails. I will try to keep up the good record of emails :)

Brother Hinton sounds like a good guy. (Bro. Hinton from our ward went to England on his mission.  We had shown him some pictures of Kade standing in his kitchen.  Bro. Hinton asked us about some of the food he saw in the picture. )  I have never actually had Wheatabix. That box had been there for years before I got there! We threw it out when soon after the picture was taken. They do still sell fish & chips in newspaper-like paper, but not in literal newspaper if that’s what he meant. I'm sure there are some things I eat here that we don't have back home, but it is actually pretty hard to think of specific ones now that I have been hear so long.

Tell Brinton I would love to have him come to London! We would have a blast and could even go on splits haha. I love you and love hearing from all of you. Thank you for all your support and prayers.

Love,
Elder Kade Karges




The chicken at Frangos was pretty spicey. Check out the sweat dripping off my nose!
Me, Courtney, Colisha, Elder Bång and little Crissy at the baptism on Sunday! It was an amazing service their family truly is a miracle. They will be confirmed next week
Me with 125 Pink Lady Apples! We have a fruit man in our ward that will sell them to us by the box! With these kinds of deals, we are happy to be eating healthy!
Elder Keeble, Myself, Elder Eyers and Elder Bång at Heathrow airport dropping off Elder Eyers to go to Russia.
Elder Keeble, Elder Eyers, Elder Bång, and I at a place called Frangos (a rip-off of a spicy chicken place called Nandos).
My name tag at.... PLATFORM 9 & 3/4!!!! The other Elders needed to go through Kings Cross Station to work out some visa stuff and offered to take our badges haha!

No comments: