Monday, September 7, 2009

Sept. 7, 2009

Hello again!

Ill apologize straight away for the lack of pictures. I ran out of time last week and I forgot my camera today, but I’ll do my best to send more next week.

Everything is going great here. We always have our ups and downs throughout the week with our investigators... One day we are really excited about how things are going, then they all come up with concerns and almost get dropped, but the next day everything is ok again. Kevin and Robin plan to get baptized this Saturday. We have been a bit worried about what would happen after they get baptized. The reason why is because Kevin is here on a short term visa and leaves back to Mauritius on the 15th! We hope that he will continue going to church there, but he is also the main support that Robin has. Robin's mom is a LA active member, but we are having a bit of a struggle to reactivate her. We have another baptismal date with the younger brother of a Mauritian recent convert. His name is Johnson. He is 11 and is pretty cool, but has some behavioral problems. Their mother and younger brother are potential baptismal dates as well, but all of them have been taught before. We hope that the whole family will come along soon.

Wow I can’t believe how much the old stake changed... its crazy to think our ward doesn't exist anymore. I looked forward to reporting home to our old ward, but I think the changes they made are for the better and I'm happy to have my membership with yours. It wouldn't be the same now anyway. Either you or I need to let the mission office know about the changes though.

I’m grateful to be here to experience all the miracles I have seen in peoples lives. I don’t know why that Lord blesses me sometimes, but I’m grateful for it. I know he takes care of His children

I love you guys and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Kade Karges

No comments: