Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September 28, 2009

Hey!

I always want to say good morning or good afternoon, but then I realize that you might all read this at different times, so that wouldn't make sense. Anyway, I hope you are having the best of what ever part of the day you are in! Things are getting colder here, so enjoy the heat while you have it. Our flat doesn't have a heater, so I hear that it is one of the coldest in the winter, but I'll survive. I have my driving test one week from today at 8:30 in the morning, so if you wake up in the middle of the night on Monday, say a prayer for me.

Things really seemed to drag at the end of last week and beginning of this week, but they are looking better now. We have had quite a few exchanges lately like I mentioned in my last letter. We actually planned to have 3 a week, but only had 2. This is the cause for things slowing down, but they encourage us to exchange with everyone in the zone. At least they used to.

Elder Teixeira from the area presidency came for a mission tour and we had another conference for the whole mission on Thursday (right between two exchanges). It was really cool and we learned about a lot of changes that will be happening. Before the conference, we had an extra Zone Leader Council with him and he advised a lot of changes, one of which was to only exchange with District Leaders.... we are happy to follow that counsel. Exchanges are fun, but we've been doing too many. Most of the changes he mentioned have to do with the politics of the mission, so they might not mean a whole lot to you, but I am excited to see them happen. The conference as a whole was really good and really motivating.

Out of our many investigators over the last few weeks, we don't have many left. Some of them we are still keeping contact with, but not really teaching. The main people we are teaching right now are Kevin and Ross. Both of them accepted baptismal dates yesterday for the 10th and the 24th of October. Kevin is the same one that has already had two baptismal dates that haven't gone through, but I think this time it will. Ross is the boyfriend of the bishop’s daughter. She has been bringing him to church for about 2 months and we just started teaching him. He is really cool and sincerely wants to do what is right.

I am grateful for you support and prayers and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Kade Karges








All but one of the Elders from my MTC group.

Elder Wheat, Elder Hooper, Elder Sorbonne, me,
and Elder Allred (in the front). We are missing Elder Tomlinson


Elder Warner (my trainer) and I catching up at conference with Elder Allred in the background.

No comments: