Friday, September 4, 2009

September 3, 2009

Heyyy!

Sorry I forgot to tell you about moves, I just read that mom would like to know when they are ha-ha. They happened today! I am still in Crawley though and still with Elder Gasparato. We are both really excited to stay here. We get along and work well together so it should be fun. I think he is the first companion I will have for 3 moves (around 4 1/2 months).

The last week and a half have turned out really well. How they turned out that way, I don't know, but the Lord made it all work out. Darian and Taylor got baptized with their 8-year-old cousin, Thelvina on Saturday. Our plans for the baptism were good and they were prepared, but we had some unexpected things happen. Their grandfather performed the ordinance and had to do it twice for Darian. It’s pretty normal for something like that to happen, but after all three were baptized another problem came up and it had to be done all over again. Everyone attending had already returned to another room when we realized he didn’t use their middle names in the prayer, so everyone came back and the girls all got baptized twice! There were some other things that happened that were pretty minor, so when the night ended we had a strong feeling of relief.

Kevin and Robin (Nando) are doing well. We were a bit worried about them during the week, but just yesterday, Bishop Easter (from Canada) took them to the temple. We heard from Bishop that is was really positive and he feels they will be ready for their baptism on the 12th.

We are excited to have so many things happening in our area and have a lot of new people we are teaching. They all have different concerns, but we pray that the Lord will help them be ready.

I love hearing how everyone is doing back home, it’s something I really look forward to every week. I’m running out of time to write everyone back now, but next week I will try to get it done.

I love you guys!

Love,
Elder Kade Karges

No comments: